For those of you who don’t know me well, here are the basics: I work 80 hours every other week at a group home for teenage boys. I’m ADHD and sometimes take medication (ya know, when I remember or when it seems important). I don’t sleep much – I have 400 items on my Netflix list, I’ll sleep when I’m dead. And, I love laughing. I am always laughing, whether it is appropriate or not.
Laughing is the best, especially when you’re hurting. It is how I have coped with literally any problem I have ever had. So here are some of the funniest things that have brought me so much happiness these past few weeks:
- While I was sitting on my floor crying (the floor is the most pathetic place to cry…along with your car) my dog was snoring so loud I could not even hear myself. Thanks “man’s best friend.” To be fair, I cry all the time, but STILL.
- I asked a boy at work to make me dinner (he had been cooking stuff all weekend, I wasn’t just demanding food). I told him I just didn’t want anything sweet because I had been eating sweets all weekend. He suggested eggs sunny side up, and I said “that would be great!” He came back with a red solo cup filled with uncooked oatmeal and milk. I laughed so hard I couldn’t breathe. I also ate every bite, because that’s what you do when you have children.
- While carving pumpkins with the boys, one of them got frustrated and screamed “WHO MADE THIS UP?? I WANT TO GO TO BED!” It was the most relatable moment I have ever witnessed.
- I spent one of my off nights watching She’s The Man and What A Girl Wants with my friend Emily, who had never experienced the joy of Amanda Bynes in her prime. It’s impossible to not laugh at early 2000’s Amanda Bynes.
- I listened to a lot of my friend Jaron Myers’ podcast “Things I Learned Last Night,” which is essentially just Jaron and Tim laughing, which made me laugh. It’s beautiful, and has helped my heart tremendously. I highly recommend it! http://www.tilln.com/
- And finally, I watched a lot of Frasier.
If you have funny stories, I would love it if you shared them with me so we can laugh together!
Also! If you live in Springfield, Jaron has a show at The Gillioz Friday night and it is going to be the best!