I have officially been single for a month and a half. When the relationship first ended I thought it was the worst thing that happened since the Jonas Brothers broke up. However after reviewing the past month and a half, the Jonas Brothers’ breakup hurt more, and I am honestly so thankful for how things have turned out.
I don’t want to give the impression that my relationship was bad or that I was unhappy, BUT I also cannot downplay how good God has been lately and always. (Also, if you thought I liked my ex-boyfriend more than I love Nick, Joe, and Kevin than you probably don’t know me all that well, so thank you for taking time to read my blog. I appreciate you!)
I have been so overwhelmed with love from the people around me (and also from those who are not around me, thank you for loving me so well!) I have invested more time into things that are important to me. I have gone out more, made new friends, read more books, and started new hobbies (like this blog!)
It has been such a good time for growth..which sounds cliché and stereotypical, but it is what it is. I don’t know of any other way to explain how I got to where I am right now, because I was definitely not feeling happy a month and a half ago…but now Buzzfeed quizzes tell me that I am living my best life, and I am well aware that without Jesus this would not be the case.
This week has been particularly special:
- I started mentoring again!
- I met Marion Blumenthal Lazan, a Holocaust survivor. It is actually crazy how perfectly it all worked out. Last week I read Marion’s book “Four Perfect Pebbles.” I updated my Goodreads and my friend Morgan texted me that Marion had spoke at her school before. A few days later Morgan asked what I was doing December 3rd, and for the first time while trying to plan things with Morgan I was off work and did not have any plans. We were able to road trip with her family to College of the Ozarks to see Marion, and it was such a wonderful experience!!!
- I got coffee with my friend Melissa. We talked about everything from boys to our future dreams to how amazing women are. She got me the Jesus Always devotional and journal, and I am so thankful for her friendship and investment in my life!
- I get to see my friends Haven and Cecelia together after MONTHS of trying to plan something!
- I took myself on a date to the Alamo for their Mystery Kirsten Dunst movie. The movie was “Fifteen and Pregnant” – a Lifetime movie from 1998. It was life changing, and I left the theater with a headache from laughing so hard.
- I finished moving my bedroom to the other bedroom in my apartment, and I’m obsessed with it..(sometimes you just need a new environment to stop yourself from irrationally moving to the other side of the country, ya feel?)
- ..as I have been typing this I have also been watching Nick Jonas’ wedding videos as they are on the internet now, and man this is not what 12 year old Hannah thought 24 year old Hannah would be doing. I’m so sorry to let her down.
- All of that being said, I don’t think 12 year old Hannah would be disappointed in me. I mean, not marrying Nick Jonas is a pretty big disappointment BUT I think besides that she would be proud of who I am and that I am living my best life possible without a Jonas Brother. And that is what matters ❤️
If you’re struggling, please talk to me about Jesus so you can also live your best life 💃🏻